Other Enrollment Costs – Fall or Spring

In addition to the tuition charge, one or more of these costs may be added to your registration web bill/student account.

Fees – The technology/infrastructure fee is an additional charge associated with a student’s specific class enrollment for each term. The fee is used to meet the instructional needs of full access to the technology required by our students, faculty, and staff and provide a safer campus environment. The technology/infrastructure fee is $27.00 per hour for all main campus courses with the exception of graduate Commerce and Business Administration courses.

Graduate Commerce and Business Administration courses are assessed a college, technology/infrastructure fee of $286.00 per course (excluding EMBA and overseas campuses).

Distance campus courses that fall in the College of Arts and Sciences or the College of Education are assessed a college fee. The fee for the College of Arts and Sciences is $15.00 per hour and the fee for the College of Education is $10.00 per hour.

View course specific fees here.

Dining Dollars Account – All undergraduate students enrolled in 9 or more main campus course hours are billed $350 per semester, along with other registration charges, to establish a Dining Dollars account, which is set up automatically on each student’s Action Card.  Complete information is available from Action Card, Box 870355, Tuscaloosa, AL 35487-0355; (205) 348-2288. Visit Action Card online.

Freshman Residency & Dining Program – In recognition of the value of the living-learning experience associated with on-campus living and dining, the University of Alabama will require first-year freshman students to participate in the Freshman Residency Program, including the Freshman Dining Program.

More detailed information is available from Housing and Residential Communities, Box 870399, Tuscaloosa, AL 35487-0399; (205)348-6676. Visit Housing and Residential Communities online for information regarding special living options.

Parking Decal – If you will have an automobile/motorcycle on campus, you will need to purchase a parking decal. For more information, contact Transportation Services, Box 870179, Tuscaloosa, AL 35487-0179; (205) 348-5471. Visit Transportation Services online.

Medical Insurance – International Students – all international students are billed for medical health insurance coverage through their student account each semester. View details on the medical health insurance plan. If an international student has existing medical insurance, the university may waive the additional charge/coverage, if, the student applies for the waiver and the university determines at its sole discretion that the existing coverage is comparable to that required. View the waiver form.

Rates are subject to change without notice.